Learn to work through the steps of the design process.
Teacher led discussion over the design brief and following steps of the process.
- Complete the design brief as both the client and designer. It is located at LocalPublic\OuallineJ\Graphic Design & Illustration\creative_brief(BLANK).doc.
- Research existing design studios and select 3 studio logos that you like.
- Sketch 8-10 different logo thumbnails.
- Construct studio logo in Adobe Illustrator.
- Post completed design brief to blog by the end of the day Monday. Also, print out a copy and turn in to Coach Oualline.
- Post an image of the three studio logos you chose to your blog and discuss why you chose them.
- All logo thumbnails will be due by the end of class on Tuesday. Sit with Coach Oualline to discuss thumbnails.
- Finished logo needs to be submitted to blog and the ExamDrop by the end of the day on Friday.
Strengthen understanding of tools and techniques in Adobe Illustrator by creating a logo.
Choose one of the below tutorials. Follow along with the chosen tutorial in order to create a logo.
Once completed, turn the .ai file into the ExamDrop and post a .png file to your blog discussing the strategies and techniques used to create it.
Discuss the importance of Logo Design and the characteristics of a successful logo.
Teacher led classroom discussion. over logo design and the design process.
Make sure to take notes. They will be turned in for a grade.
Construct an advertisement for a specific consumer product by applying previously gained knowledge.
Review the Rules of Typography. Make sure to apply these to your Ad.
- Decide on what product you would like to advertise. Seek approval from instructor(Since I will be out of town, text me your idea and I will let you know if it is accepted)
- Research the product
- Review other Advertisements for the same or similar product to get ideas. This is called REFERENCING.
- Create a paper sketch planning your layout and ideas
- Find images from the internet that you can use to build your layout where necessary.
- Crop the images and create informative text in the available blank space according to the rules of thirds. Use of BRUSHES and/or EMBELLISHED TEXT is REQUIRED.
Post daily updates to your blog and submit the completed .PSD file to the proper folder in the ExamDrop. Use the RUBRIC below to make sure that your image meets all requirements.
Source Images: 20 pts
Cropped correctly: 20 pts
Text/Brush Effect: 30 pts
Proper Typography: 20 pts
Appeal/Realness: 10 pts