Use your knowledge of the principles of Design (Line, Color, Size, Shape, etc. ) to create a beautiful typographical piece.
Use your previously gained knowledge to format text and shapes.
- 8.5″ x 11″ art board (Portrait or Landscape)
- Use a quote or lyric of your choice (include author/songwriter – small at bottom ) – cite your source
- It must be at least 8 words in length
- Must include shapes/graphics
- No more than 3 fonts
- No more than 2 colors
Export your final image as a PNG and post to your blog. Explain your choice of font, color, shape and design. Be specific. “Because I like it,” is not an answer!
- 50 points – Typography Formatting: Kerning/Leading is appropriate
- 10 points – Author is cited
- 15 points – Caption Description
- 10 points – Shapes/Graphics used
- 15 points – Overall appearance
Practice your KERNING and LEADING by creating an attractive arrangement of one of the following quotes.
Chose one of the quotes below and type each word INDIVIDUALLY. This will place each word on it’s own layer so you can move it around your artboard.
- The past does not define you, the present does. ~Jillian Anderson
- Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion. ~Muhammad Ali
- Think big, believe big, act big, and the results will be big. ~Unknown
- Strive for progress not perfection. ~Unknown
- It’s your attitude not your aptitude that determines your altitude. ~Dr. Muns
- The starting point of all achievement is desire. ~Napoleon Hill
- I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work. ~Thomas Edison
PLAIN SERIF or SAN SERIF typeface.
ONLY BLACK TEXT on a white background.
Export your final image as a PNG and post it to your blog. Tell me why you chose to emphasize the words that you did.