Use your knowledge of the principles of Design (Line, Color, Size, Shape, etc. ) to create a beautiful typographical piece.
Use your previously gained knowledge to format text and shapes.
- 8.5″ x 11″ art board (Portrait or Landscape)
- Use a quote or lyric of your choice (include author/songwriter – small at bottom ) – cite your source
- It must be at least 8 words in length
- Must include shapes/graphics
- No more than 3 fonts
- No more than 2 colors
Export your final image as a PNG and post to your blog. Explain your choice of font, color, shape and design. Be specific. “Because I like it,” is not an answer!
- 50 points – Typography Formatting: Kerning/Leading is appropriate
- 10 points – Author is cited
- 15 points – Caption Description
- 10 points – Shapes/Graphics used
- 15 points – Overall appearance
Learn how to add a camera, look through it, and animate it in order to emphasize movement.
Watch this video and apply the concepts.
Work through this course to get a basic understanding on how to animate a camera.
Practice your KERNING and LEADING by creating an attractive arrangement of one of the following quotes.
Chose one of the quotes below and type each word INDIVIDUALLY. This will place each word on it’s own layer so you can move it around your artboard.
- The past does not define you, the present does. ~Jillian Anderson
- Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion. ~Muhammad Ali
- Think big, believe big, act big, and the results will be big. ~Unknown
- Strive for progress not perfection. ~Unknown
- It’s your attitude not your aptitude that determines your altitude. ~Dr. Muns
- The starting point of all achievement is desire. ~Napoleon Hill
- I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work. ~Thomas Edison
PLAIN SERIF or SAN SERIF typeface.
ONLY BLACK TEXT on a white background.
Export your final image as a PNG and post it to your blog. Tell me why you chose to emphasize the words that you did.
Develop employability and leadership skills by maintaining effective working relationships through providing constructive praise and criticism.
Monday – Group Evaluation of last short | peer review.
Tuesday > Thursday – Revise your animations based on the feedback given from Oualline and classmates.
Friday – View modifications and discuss changes as a class.
Submit compressed .mp4 file to the ExamDrop by dismissal on Thursday and have it posted to your blog by Thursday at midnight. Discuss the changes made and what you liked and disliked about the peer evaluation process.
Demonstrate the ability to review and summarize contemporary video games;examining intent, form, and functionality. Reconstruct the rules of contemporary games, in order to improve the game play experience. Critique contemporary video games; providing adequate arguments and justification.
Game Developers Journal Entry
On your blog, post at least five core game (i.e. product) ideas to be considered for your final Capstone Project. These do not need to be very detailed ideas, just a few sentences to capture the main game concept. Later, one of these ideas will be developed and delivered as your final Capstone Project submission.
Contemporary Game Assignment
- Download a game similar to one of your concepts onto any game play device.
- Play the game long enough to understand the directions and the overall objective(s) of the game.
- Produce a Game Modification Task Sheet document by identifying the following:
Based on your own observations, create a written plan for modifying the game. This document will serve as your Game Modification Plan.
- What platform is used to play the game?
- What is the objective of the game?
- What three things do you like about the game?
- What three things did you not like about the game?
- List three reasons why you think this game is popular and successful.
Your plan should include the following:
- Re-write the main goal of the game.
- Describe how you would improve the game. Be as specific as possible!
- List three reasons why your ideas may not have been implemented by the original designers.
- List three reasons why you think players would like your changes.
- List three reasons why these changes would be difficult to implement.
Complete the Blog Entry list of game concepts to your blog and be prepared to discuss your ideas.
The Contemporary Game Assignment is due by Friday, November 04. All of it will be submitted to your blog. Be ready to discuss in class on Friday.
Applying textures to 3D models.
This tutorial is going to familiarize you with the Hypershade window.
Look through the following tutorials in order to help you become more efficient with UV Mapping.
- This tutorial is a 3 part series.
- This tutorial focuses on the principles of UV Mapping and some of the new functions found in Maya 2015.
Post a .png of your UV mapped object along with a brief description of the most challenging parts to your blog.
Use typography with simple images to create an exciting Halloween invitation.
Use your knowledge and skills to layout and create an APPEALING poster for your party. Create a 13″ x 19″ canvas to begin with.
- Halloween or Zombie Party
- Location (Complete Address – can be fake)
**Use your Halloween pre-created text.**
Choose one of the options below or come up with your own.
- Costume Party – Prizes for best costume
- Zombie Pot Luck – Bring a scary dish to share
- Haunted House/Mansion
Below are tutorials to help create some simple graphics.
You can also use the vector pack located in the Q: drive if necessary.
Submit the AI or PSD file to the appropriate folder in the class ExamDrop and post a PNG file to your blog. Discuss the layout, type, and graphic choices you made and what techniques you used to achieve your final piece.
Learn more ways to manipulate text.
Choose ONE of the following tutorials.
Spooky | Zombie | Grimy | Spooky 2 | Halloween
Use the font BALDUR for Spooky or IMPACT for Zombie or Grimy.
**NOTE** Use one of the following words.
You will use this for a POSTER design later.
TRICK – or – Treat
Once finished, submit your completed AI into the ExamDrop and export a PNG to post to your blog. Discuss any new techniques learned and what you enjoyed most about the assignment.
Identify the effects of organization, culture, leadership, and goal setting practices in the industry of game design.
Research and find a game that either failed to publish or did not have financial success in the industry and write a post-mortem for it. Apply previously gained knowledge and address the following potential issues.
- How do you think the team was organized?
- What do you think the culture of the company was?
- What do you think the goals were when they initiated the project?
- What kind of leadership do you think managed or coached the team?
Post your written post-mortem to your blog by midnight on Friday, October 21.
Produce an animated short. I want Dynamic camera shots as well as clear and smooth animation.
Divide work by your strengths, problem solve, and manage your time wisely.
Focus on your principles of animation. Keep the models relatively simple so you can animate accordingly.
Use any tutorials necessary to get the animation that you want.
Create a project folder in the Animation folder of the Q: drive in order to share your files. BE CAREFUL! If a file is deleted, it is not recoverable.
Discover and work with file referencing in this project. Use this link to learn more about it.
You will continually update your blog with daily progress snip and explanations.
Storyboard – Monday, October 17 – Printed out or submitted to ExamDrop
Models – Thursday, October 20 – Rendered stills with wire mesh submitted to ExamDrop
Rigging & Animation – Monday, October 24 – Playblasted animation submitted to ExamDrop
Textures & Lighting – Wednesday, October 26 – Rendered stills submitted to ExamDrop
Fully rendered animation composited in AE is DUE by Friday, October 28.
“Piece of Cake”
Alvarado / Cupp / Torres
Alvarez / Gonzales
Barrientos / Yarbrough
Biggs / Hlavin
Beasley / Lewis
Jennings / Howard