Use your knowledge of the principles of Design (Line, Color, Size, Shape, etc. ) to create a beautiful typographical piece.
Use your previously gained knowledge to format text and shapes.
- 8.5″ x 11″ art board (Portrait or Landscape)
- Use a quote or lyric of your choice (include author/songwriter – small at bottom ) – cite your source
- It must be at least 8 words in length
- Must include shapes/graphics
- No more than 3 fonts
- No more than 2 colors
Export your final image as a PNG and post to your blog. Explain your choice of font, color, shape and design. Be specific. “Because I like it,” is not an answer!
- 50 points – Typography Formatting: Kerning/Leading is appropriate
- 10 points – Author is cited
- 15 points – Caption Description
- 10 points – Shapes/Graphics used
- 15 points – Overall appearance
Practice your KERNING and LEADING by creating an attractive arrangement of one of the following quotes.
Chose one of the quotes below and type each word INDIVIDUALLY. This will place each word on it’s own layer so you can move it around your artboard.
- The past does not define you, the present does. ~Jillian Anderson
- Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion. ~Muhammad Ali
- Think big, believe big, act big, and the results will be big. ~Unknown
- Strive for progress not perfection. ~Unknown
- It’s your attitude not your aptitude that determines your altitude. ~Dr. Muns
- The starting point of all achievement is desire. ~Napoleon Hill
- I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work. ~Thomas Edison
PLAIN SERIF or SAN SERIF typeface.
ONLY BLACK TEXT on a white background.
Export your final image as a PNG and post it to your blog. Tell me why you chose to emphasize the words that you did.
Use typography with simple images to create an exciting Halloween invitation.
Use your knowledge and skills to layout and create an APPEALING poster for your party. Create a 13″ x 19″ canvas to begin with.
- Halloween or Zombie Party
- Location (Complete Address – can be fake)
**Use your Halloween pre-created text.**
Choose one of the options below or come up with your own.
- Costume Party – Prizes for best costume
- Zombie Pot Luck – Bring a scary dish to share
- Haunted House/Mansion
Below are tutorials to help create some simple graphics.
You can also use the vector pack located in the Q: drive if necessary.
Submit the AI or PSD file to the appropriate folder in the class ExamDrop and post a PNG file to your blog. Discuss the layout, type, and graphic choices you made and what techniques you used to achieve your final piece.
Learn more ways to manipulate text.
Choose ONE of the following tutorials.
Spooky | Zombie | Grimy | Spooky 2 | Halloween
Use the font BALDUR for Spooky or IMPACT for Zombie or Grimy.
**NOTE** Use one of the following words.
You will use this for a POSTER design later.
TRICK – or – Treat
Once finished, submit your completed AI into the ExamDrop and export a PNG to post to your blog. Discuss any new techniques learned and what you enjoyed most about the assignment.
Discover how to apply cool effects in order to create unique Typography.
Use one of these tutorials to gain a more grounded understanding of the endless opportunities available with Type Effects. (Use your name to complete the tutorial!)
Iron Text Effect
3D Glowing Retro Text Effect
Post daily progress to your blog. Post the completed .PNG to your blog and submit the .PSD file to the correct folder in the ExamDrop.
Identify the different selection tools in Photoshop. Gain skills in the use of the selection tools and gain a solid understanding of when and why to use the different tools.
Work through all of the selection tutorials in order to gain a solid understanding of each tool. Make sure to follow the order below.
As you work through the tutorials, make sure to use the snip tool to capture screen images of your artboard and layers panel to post to your blog. Describe the process and uses of each selection tool with the correlating image. All images and descriptions can be in one long blog post or separated into individual posts.
This is an introduction to applying effects to text.
Use the following tutorial to gain an understanding of how to apply different effects to text.
Use YOUR NAME (first only) in place of the word in the tutorial.
**Do not download the font** Use a similar one that is already installed instead.
Drop the AI file into the ExamDrop. Export your final image as a PNG and post to your blog and discuss what tools were used and what struggles you had to overcome to achieve the finished piece.