Create a composition following a tutorial. This composition will rely on the knowledge of layers, blending modes, selections, and adjustment layers.
Follow along with this TUTORIAL in order to create a surreal composition. USE these linked images at the top of the tutorial(remember to color adjust your image.)
Post daily update snips to your blog. The final image and all source images need to be uploaded to your blog in one final post. The completed .PSD file should be submitted to the ExamDrop. Discuss the techniques and what you found to be the most difficult process.
• Depth apparent: 20
• Selections: 30
• Color Match: 30
• Appeal: 10
• Source Images: 10
Learn to crop effectively
Rule of Thirds: Read THIS and complete the following.
Crop Tool: Follow this tutorial and modify the crooked image below.
- Choose a crooked image from the internet or use the one below. (Copy/Paste)
- Make the boy on the beach picture below follow the rule of thirds. (Copy/Paste)
Post both the fixed photo and the original to your blog. Describe what you did to fix the original image.
Discover and apply more effects and techniques in Photoshop to create a vintage style poster.
Use this tutorial to create a custom style vintage poster using original images.
- Use an image of YOUR body
- Use an animal head of your choice
- Place your name in the text instead of PSD.
Post daily progress updates to your blog. All source images and Final Composition should be posted to your blog when finished. Submit a completed PSD file to the appropriate folder in the class ExamDrop.
Additional tools to modify color and exposure in a digital image.
Complete EACH of the tutorials below. Obtain images from the internet.
Color Replacement/Match Color
Post progress images to your blog daily. Make sure to post both the original and modified images. Discuss what techniques/tools were used to make the changes.
Learn to make the hard selections easier.
Choose a plain background to show your work. NOT BLACK OR WHITE (Try red or blue).
Option 01: Work along with this video
Option 02: Work along with this video. A bit more complex (takes advantage of alpha channels).
**You can find images of your own to work with or use the same as the videos.**
Post all source images and final composition to your blog when done. Discuss the techniques you used and what difficulties you came across.
Learn to use different effects, blending modes, and other tools to combine multiple picture to create a unique piece of art.
- Combining Vectors & Photos – Q:\\OuallineJ\Graphic Design\Photoshop Lessons\(3) Silhouettes\(3)Combining Vectors with Photographs
- Compositing with Silhouettes – Online Tutorial
- Shadow Dancer – Q:\\OuallineJ\Graphic Design\Photoshop Lessons\(3) Silhouettes\(1)Shadow Dancing
- Inner You – Q:\\OuallineJ\Graphic Design\Photoshop Lessons\(3) Silhouettes\(2)The Inner You *MAJOR GRADE*
Post snapshots of your progress to your blog on a daily basis. After you finish each assignment, make sure to save the file as a .PSD and submit it to the proper folder in the ExamDrop. File name should be lastname_assignmentname.psd. Post the finished .png to your blog and discuss the techniques and steps used in the assignment.
Use your knowledge of the principles of Design (Line, Color, Size, Shape, etc. ) to create a beautiful typographical piece.
Use your previously gained knowledge to format text and shapes.
- 8.5″ x 11″ art board (Portrait or Landscape)
- Use a quote or lyric of your choice (include author/songwriter – small at bottom ) – cite your source
- It must be at least 8 words in length
- Must include shapes/graphics
- No more than 3 fonts
- No more than 2 colors
Export your final image as a PNG and post to your blog. Explain your choice of font, color, shape and design. Be specific. “Because I like it,” is not an answer!
- 50 points – Typography Formatting: Kerning/Leading is appropriate
- 10 points – Author is cited
- 15 points – Caption Description
- 10 points – Shapes/Graphics used
- 15 points – Overall appearance
Practice your KERNING and LEADING by creating an attractive arrangement of one of the following quotes.
Chose one of the quotes below and type each word INDIVIDUALLY. This will place each word on it’s own layer so you can move it around your artboard.
- The past does not define you, the present does. ~Jillian Anderson
- Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion. ~Muhammad Ali
- Think big, believe big, act big, and the results will be big. ~Unknown
- Strive for progress not perfection. ~Unknown
- It’s your attitude not your aptitude that determines your altitude. ~Dr. Muns
- The starting point of all achievement is desire. ~Napoleon Hill
- I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work. ~Thomas Edison
PLAIN SERIF or SAN SERIF typeface.
ONLY BLACK TEXT on a white background.
Export your final image as a PNG and post it to your blog. Tell me why you chose to emphasize the words that you did.
Use typography with simple images to create an exciting Halloween invitation.
Use your knowledge and skills to layout and create an APPEALING poster for your party. Create a 13″ x 19″ canvas to begin with.
- Halloween or Zombie Party
- Location (Complete Address – can be fake)
**Use your Halloween pre-created text.**
Choose one of the options below or come up with your own.
- Costume Party – Prizes for best costume
- Zombie Pot Luck – Bring a scary dish to share
- Haunted House/Mansion
Below are tutorials to help create some simple graphics.
You can also use the vector pack located in the Q: drive if necessary.
Submit the AI or PSD file to the appropriate folder in the class ExamDrop and post a PNG file to your blog. Discuss the layout, type, and graphic choices you made and what techniques you used to achieve your final piece.
Learn more ways to manipulate text.
Choose ONE of the following tutorials.
Spooky | Zombie | Grimy | Spooky 2 | Halloween
Use the font BALDUR for Spooky or IMPACT for Zombie or Grimy.
**NOTE** Use one of the following words.
You will use this for a POSTER design later.
TRICK – or – Treat
Once finished, submit your completed AI into the ExamDrop and export a PNG to post to your blog. Discuss any new techniques learned and what you enjoyed most about the assignment.